Hone Creek, Costa Rica (CN) – The veracity of Consumptionblog’s Investigative Reports are often questioned. None more so than a story we ran in November of 2011 citing anonymous sources that Burning Man was going to adopt an NFL style draft system to distribute tickets. Consider the draft implemented √
Posted: November 11, 2011
The 17 members of Burning Man Corp.’s Board of Directors will pick Burner draftees in order of preference until all of the available tickets are distributed.
‘The new NFL Draft ticket distribution modality makes the whole process simpler and based on meritocracy as judged by me and 16 other awesome Burners.” said Board of Director and popular NPR Fresh Air’ hostess Terry Gross.
While old news to us Sy Hersh devotees of deep investigative journalism, this was revealed as FACT late yesterday evening by the good folks in charge of the Event North of Reno.
1. Burning Man organizers and staff will issue tickets to major theme camps and art projects using a process outlined below…
Because we know this number cannot possibly satisfy the entirety of that demand, we will use practical criteria to determine eligibility. These groups will be reviewed for:
- History – A camp, project or participatory work must be in our database from past years. (We have ways to track name changes for groups over time.)
- Demonstrated Community Benefit – A project has been interactive in a way that has been experienced as meaningful, provides support for Black Rock City’s infrastructure, or provides services for our community. Basically, how the project helps make the community and create its magic.
- LNT – A group has demonstrated adherence to and good practices around Leave No Trace and are committed to our community perpetuating the message of LNT.
- 10 Principles – A group or project fully embraces the 10 Principles in their entirety.
Check back here regularly @ Consumptionblog for more reality based journalism surrounding Burning Man 2012.