Update: Many DJ’s are in danger of not getting into Burning Man because they do not have tickets. This is like going into a K-Hole in the Happy Hardcore Room. Yes, its that serious. Read below how you can help change this.
Burning Man has a long and glorious history of participant driven art, music, healing and humor. To lend ahelping hand to this participant driven event Burning Man Corp. simply provides the infrastructure, cheap coffee, wonderfully cold ice, art grants, builds the Man, controls the media, tells you where your theme camp will be, deals with the default world government, sells the tickets, fire control, creates Center Camp and a few hundred other foundational tasks. So one must be careful when asking Burning Man Corp. to take on another layer of responsibility.
But when we have a true, documented ‘market failure’ over several Burns where participants fail to create stuff that is in their obvious self interest I think it is in everyone’s interest that the government, in this case Burning Man Corp. step in and take over.
What’s the howling need not being addressed by Burning Man participants?
Not nearly enough Trance.*
It used to be everywhere on the playa – now maybe a 2 hour set by a lonely Dutch super star is all you get from Opulent Temple.
*And NO! Psytrance most certainly doesn’t count.
Not at All.
We need more Trance. Preferably Anthem Trance. The only way it can be said simpler is with a 125-150 bpm 32 beat phase.
Burning Man is the hegemonic fist of history that will bring it to us.
Our Trance-y Demands:
NEW Uplifting Demand: All Anthem Trance DJs without a ticket be provided one by Burning Man Corp.
1) All sound camps must have one DJ headline with ‘van’ in his surname – yes – that includes you Nexus or should we say ‘van Nexus’.
2) The Unimog and all Art Cars with large sound systems must play at least 25% Trance or be banned by the DMV.
3) Trance Trance Revolution will be given the key corner spot at 10 or 2 o’clock.
4) The Man’s face will be made to resemble Tiesto.
5) A 10% tithe of all revenue generated from BurningMan will be donated to the 501©3 non-profit Trance Development Corporation which helps bring Trance into the schools of the most Trance deprived areas around the globe from the Bronx to Buenos Aires. Sorry Frankie Knuckles & Hernán Cattáneo you don’t count.
Fill out the below petition to demand Burning Man to do what is right in the name of Trance: